Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: Living in Stealth 3: Breaking Cover

This week I tried to read Living in Stealth 3: Breaking Cover by Debbie Ballard, Debbie Lawrence, and Lee Ballard.














Shaun's rating:






 I almost never review a book that I was not able to finish, but I'm making an exception in this case. This book is estimated to be six hundred sixty nine pages long by Amazon, I made it through about ten percent of that and there was just no way I was going to be able to stand reading the other ninety percent. 

The editing was not well done; this book sorely needed another proofread. I found the writing style to be confusing or confused; or maybe it was both? At first I thought that this confusing style was a device the author was using to show the reader the confusion that Debbie/Rex (the protagonist) dealt with in life, but I don't think that was the case. Whether it was purposeful or not is moot, at least for me, it made the story almost unreadable. It was a struggle to get through ten percent of this book and at that point I just really didn't care about the other ninety percent.

I'm giving Living in Stealth 3 two out of five paddles, I can't recommend this book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment