Saturday, December 19, 2015

Review: Lex (Unconventional Hearts, book 1) by S.K. Logsdon

This week I'm going to review Lex (an Unconventional Hearts book 1) by S.K. Logsdon.

Shaun's rating: 






This is a terrific story of love between two people who face many challenges; both individually and together. The characters draw you into the story as they face these challenges and find a way to make their relationship work. It also is filled with lots of steaming encounters between these two characters.

 The author does a masterful job of developing the characters. I came to know each character very quickly as they were introduced, and it wasn't much further along before they became friends.  I was rooting for the protagonists, and finding myself loathe to put the book down as I needed to find out if things were going to work out for them in the end.

The sex scenes in this book are hot, steaming, and among the best I've ever read. The author made me feel like I was there, a voyeur (in a very good way), in those scintillating scenes.

I also love that this is a book that deals with some issues that are outside of societal norms. It presents some perspectives that most of society is not greatly aware of, and in my opinion this is done in a positive way.

I wish I could get into a more in-depth discussion of the story here, but I don't want to drop any spoilers.  

There are some editing problems in the book, mostly misused words. This did throw me from the story a few times, but they were not common enough to draw me completely out. If not for the editing problems I would probably have given this book at least another half paddle in my rating. 

I am giving this book four out of five paddles, and I do hope that you will pick up a copy and give it a read. As I write this review the book is available for only $0.99 from Amazon, that's a terrific bargain in my opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment