Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review: The Blue Rose Court (Part 1) by A.D.Wund

This week I'm going to be reviewing a novel length Femdom story, 


 












The Blue Rose Court (Part 1) by A.D. Wund.

Shaun's Rating:






 This is a long novel, 514 pages as estimated by Amazon, it has to be as the Author is telling a big story. We are introduced to four women who live on a cul-de-sac on a street called Blue Rose Court in Orange County, California. The author introduces us to all four of these women as well as several secondary characters and begins sharing their individual stories with us. 

The first part of this book was a bit slow and dry in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the author does an incredible job of developing all these characters and setting the scene for their stories.  However, four major introductions, plus introducing all the secondary characters, plus describing to tiny details the scene; began to get a bit tiring in my opinion. I really didn't feel an overwhelming need to know all the details of the cars they drove, etc. I wanted to get to the action.  Oh, there was a some action scattered through all this initial description and introduction but I still found myself struggling to get through the first 1/3 to 1/2 of this book.

I'm glad I stuck with it though. The second half of the book was very good, and very hot. The second half is where the Femdom scenes really get going and things get steamy.

I must say that I'm a bit tentative regarding the portrayal of the dominant women in this book, they don't seem to be very nice, in fact one of them is downright criminal. However, I'm willing to read the next book in the series and see if things change, or if evil gets its comeuppance.

I'm giving The Blue Rose Court (Part 1) three and one half paddles. I recommend it with reservations.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment